FUCK

UPDATE: JCPenney is now closed until April 2, 2020. And my mom isn't sure if they're going to be paid for this time off. She's been trying to call HR and they told her to use her PTO which means they're not going to? But someone else said that they'll be able to cover up to 11 days of the forced time off. And then another one said something else. It's been very confusing. My mom doesn't know how to file for partial unemployment but we tried looking it up online and we haven't figured anything out. She doesn't even know if she wants to apply for UI or just use her PTO.

Also, now she has to call all of her clients to cancel their appointments for the next two weeks.

Wal-Mart UPDATE: We were told we have the greenlight to come in for any shifts when we want to. We just need to clear it first with a manager. So, instead of just working two days this week, I am now working three days and one day of PTO. I requested my mom's birthday off weeks ago so I get paid for Friday anyway. I also got to extend my shift yesterday from 5:30-10:30 to 4-11PM. That was fun xD

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think she should just try to call to have them clarify. The Govt. is trying to do its "best" to help citizens, but local govts. are all doing their own thing. Definitely call since the internet is only a general thing each state.
Abbey said…
Well, she tried calling the ASM again and they told her to just use some of her PTO because she'll get more money that way. And then she's also got a lot of hours so she can easily afford to use her PTO. It's just stupid that on the second day of forced closure they still aren't going to be paid by the company anyway.