Inspired

As I said in a previous post, Jacque has been selling her art on Society6 and she has already made sales! Of course, seeing her success made me happy for her but it also made me realize that I miss making my own things. Now, I'm not an artist in the same way Jacque is. However, I do love to knit, crochet, and paint wall art. So, really, I'm more of a craft-artist, is that even a thing...?, than the more traditional sense of the word.

What I'm getting at is that watching Jacque's page grow and earn more likes, sales, &etc. made me realize that I want to do the same thing. I want to get back into crocheting/knitting beanies, scarves, and blankets to sell. I want to make wall art again and not just make them gifts.

My problem is that I lack the courage to do so. And the information on how to go about it. I don't know how I would go about spreading the word, how would I receive payment, how to ship it out... I don't know any of that. But yeah, I want to make and sell things now too :)

Comments

jaccccxo said…
I LOVE THIS! If you want to sell things, I would look into either etsy or storenvy, I think etsy might be a better choice. If I remember correctly you would have to pay monthly for their hosting services. And I believe they use PayPal to send you payments from customers. Most people who sell handcrafted items prefer etsy, so definitely look into that.

I will definitely help get the word out for you! I have a decent following on both IG and Twitter, so I think that will help! Plus my older cousins are super into handmade stuff like that, I think promoting your things on my FB would be great too (:

I'm here to support you! Don't ever feel too scared to do something you love! <3
Abbey said…
I am totally thinking about it as a side job or something. Cause, with etsy or anything online, I would have to put that in my taxes and I can barely understand what's going on there now let alone with more stuff. I was thinking of making like a blogger or facebook page dedicated to just the stuff I make. I did take a look at etsy and how to start a shop there but I still didn't understand most of it.

YAY FOR SUPPORT! Honestly, that's one thing I'm worried about. That I'll make all these things beforehand and then they don't sell and I end up with boxes and boxes of crafted goods just sitting in my room.

I also thought of doing it seasonal. Like, make things through spring and summer. Start selling in fall for the winter. Cause I like focusing on scarves, beanies and blankets which are really good for Christmas gifts.

We shall see what happens!
jaccccxo said…
Look up helpful tips and stuff on youtube! it's easier to listen/watch than read anyway lol.

I like the seasonal idea. It's the best time to sell things like that and awesome time for extra income.
Abbey said…
I'm going to start looking online soon. If anything, all the stuff I make now, I'll just ask coworkers or something xD