A hopeFull Experience

So, I have been steadily cleaning my room out of old clothes, bags, shoes and clutter for the past few months so that I could donate them. Well, yesterday was the last day of that and knowing that I was almost done, I scheduled a pick up with hope services a few days ago so that they could come get my stuff. I didn't bother calling since it was super easy to do it through the website. Unfortunately, by doing that, I didn't get an estimated time of arrival. All day I was worrying about whether or not they were picked up yet and while I was still home, I was constantly checking outside to see if it was still there or not.

Well, by the time I left for school at 12:15 P.M, there was still no sign of  the truck so I called the office and they didn't give me a specific time. All they said was that the truck would be by before 5 P.M. as long as they had my address and my donations clearly stated they were for hope services. Okay, fine, I could deal with that.

So I went to school, didn't worry about it. Picked up my brother at two and got home, the donations were still there. Fine! It's not close to five yet; there's still plenty of time. I went to the gym for a while just to sweat out my frustration and stress. Went to the store to find some gifts for my nephews who are going to be here tomorrow. Felt like shit cause I didn't eat anything for a good five hours so I went to Stater to find some dinner. Ended up with fruit and drinks with KFC for dinner.

I got home from that! And my donations were still in front of my house! And the bags were open! My nosy ass neighbors can't mind their own business and went through my bags of donations! Not only that, someone had watered their yard and excess water managed to reach to my house and soaked the bottom of the box and a few of the bags. So now, they were dirty and scattered!

By this point my mom told me to just get rid of them. She didn't care how or when, she just wanted them gone. So, after telling my brother that I had to get everything into the car, I ended up doing that on my own! Hmm, one would think that after saying that repeatedly and telling him to help me, you think he would help even with some of it! But, no! I loaded all that shit up myself and it took me fifteen minutes just to get it to fit into my car. I even tried calling the office again to see if they knew if the guy was almost here but guess what?! The office fucking closed at four. Great.

Now, it's about 5:40 and I'm finally all set to drive to Goodwill. I took Yockey and Trask to get to Westminster. Well, what do you know! It's a fucking hope services truck turning into my neighborhood while I'm turning onto Trask! WHAT THE FUCK! You couldn't come even ten minutes earlier so I wouldn't have had to put all those dirty bags into my recently cleaned car! So I had to make a slightly illegal u-turn and went back to my neighborhood. I managed to find the truck on Hazel street and I  called out to the guy and asked him if he had a pickup on Lucille. He said yeah. Okay, well, it's all in my car. So I had to unload EVERYTHING and handed them to him while he tossed it into his truck. UGH! Those bags were fucking heavy! I had to lug them out from my house to the curb, from the curb to my car, from my car to the fucking truck! Why did I even bother with the gym today?! That was enough of a workout!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Comments

jaccccxo said…
I can't believe they took so long to do your pick up!! Doing over the phone was so easy in my opinion. But shit, you wasted so much time and energy just for him to come late as fuck. How annoying. That frustrates me just reading this tbh.
Abbey said…
I was frustrated the entire time I typed it up! I just got angrier every time I tried to remember a detail!