It's a new year in a few hours. I still can't get over how fast the year went by. I can hardly remember most of what has happened. I'm still trying to remember where most of my money went to.... food...shopping...gifts...concert...bills... it just doesn't add up. In my own head at least.
As the new year approaches, I have been getting ready for work. No party tonight. Most likely no party tomorrow either. I'm working tomorrow too. My cousin is in New York, another cousin is working, my brother is going to Buena Park, my mom doesn't know who is holding the party this year. No one has said anything about it. This year will be the first year that we're apart to ring in the new year. It's a little unsettling for me. I'm too used to going to my cousin's house and eating and playing around. This year, we won't have that. Not at midnight anyway.
I don't know what to expect with the new year. 2015 was not a completely horrible year for me. I was still adjusting to life without my dad. Life with my first ever job. Life that has me driving myself to places. Life where I can pay for things that I want. But it was also the year where I had to adjust to life without seeing my friends for long periods of time. Life to running errands for my mom. Life to taking my brother to and from school. Life of having to go to government offices three times in one month more than once. A lot has changed in 2015. And while change is good, I'm hoping that 2016 won't bring as many changes to my life once again. I'm just now finally getting settled. My world does not need to be tilted on it axis once again.
As the new year approaches, I have been getting ready for work. No party tonight. Most likely no party tomorrow either. I'm working tomorrow too. My cousin is in New York, another cousin is working, my brother is going to Buena Park, my mom doesn't know who is holding the party this year. No one has said anything about it. This year will be the first year that we're apart to ring in the new year. It's a little unsettling for me. I'm too used to going to my cousin's house and eating and playing around. This year, we won't have that. Not at midnight anyway.
I don't know what to expect with the new year. 2015 was not a completely horrible year for me. I was still adjusting to life without my dad. Life with my first ever job. Life that has me driving myself to places. Life where I can pay for things that I want. But it was also the year where I had to adjust to life without seeing my friends for long periods of time. Life to running errands for my mom. Life to taking my brother to and from school. Life of having to go to government offices three times in one month more than once. A lot has changed in 2015. And while change is good, I'm hoping that 2016 won't bring as many changes to my life once again. I'm just now finally getting settled. My world does not need to be tilted on it axis once again.
Comments