Make-Up

I don't really get why I'm writing this post but hey, whatevs. c:

Make-up is something that I'm not really comfortable with. I do occasionally wear make-up but that's mainly for special events. I think the last time I fully did my make-up was in February for a farewell dinner for my relatives who were going home to San Francisco the next day. Even then it was just foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick. Obviously, I am lacking when it comes to knowing how to do make-up if I can only do the most basic of things. Honestly, I prefer going without make-up cause it's a hassle. It takes me approximately twenty minutes to do my make-up. That might just be me though. I would rather not put make-up if it means I get going faster. Recently though, I've been into actually buying make-up. I now have five new lipsticks, four make-up palettes, and about eight eyeliners. I suck at putting on liquid liner; I didn't even attempt with the pencils, and I'm still learning with the gel. I need to invest in one whole day on YouTube just watching make-up tutorials if I ever want to be decent at it. 

I did my friend's make-up before and it did look good. But that couldn't even really be called doing her make-up. It was just her eye shadow. I didn't really feel comfortable doing that because what if I messed up? What then?

While I can't do my own make-up, I do know about the brands, tools, and most applicators. How could I not with my mom always trying to teach me how to do my own make-up?

So, while I don't really like the idea of wearing make-up on a daily basis, I do see the benefits of knowing how to do so at least. 

Well, there really wasn't much a point to this post. But, it was a good one for my first one back after being MIA for half a year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I spend more time watching beauty guru tutorials than anything else that I do, haha. I actually watch more ootd and hair tutorials than makeup ones since I feel like I only wear the "basics" anyway. It really does help though! How else would I know how to do winged liner or wear false lashes? :3

I've missed your blog posts! Hope you have more to come!
Abbey said…
Haha nice. I would probably be watching them too except I always end up on like JKF and their other channels. Or DIY's. I've been meaning to watch Michelle Phan's videos but like I said, I get distracted. >.<

I've posted two other posts since this one if you haven't seen them.