Hello all! It's Ash Wednesday and I've already been to church. I think it was a success because not once did I begin to nod off during mass. That has been a major issue with me since I was a child. It's also one of the reasons I didn't really look forward to going to church and probably also a reason why I stopped going except for important dates. So, I'm glad that I made it through today's mass without issue. Hopefully it will continue to be that way. Now my next goal concerning church is to actually remember one of the prayers we have to say before communion. Since it's been years since I've regularly been to church, one of the prayers has gone away from memory. I remember some of the lines but the largest chunk of the middle is -poof!- gone! I've tried looking it up online but none of them look familiar enough. Probably cause I first learned the prayer when I was in the Philippines.
Since it's Lent, my mom told me that I have to give something up this year for the 40 days. Last year and even the year before that she didn't tell me this so I actually haven't given anything up in at least three years. And so, I decided to give up buying snacks from work during break and lunch. This will hopefully help with my progress for weight loss since I tend to buy soda and chips every single time I buy something. And it will save me money! Snacks are so pricey! I spend almost $5 each day at work so yay for more money!
Another thing I've decided to do during Lent is to spend at least a half hour crocheting or knitting to work on my projects. Ideally I would go for an hour, but I have to think about my wrist. I don't want arthritis before I hit 30! Since I have plenty of time off from work, this should mean most of my projects will be done soon after Easter! I'm hoping anyway.
Last night, I had the chance to meet with an employee who works for an orphanage here in OC. She was a customer at work and I had commented on the large quantity of items she was purchasing. That's when she told me about the orphanage. Apparently, not many people bring things for the children and so they try to buy something for them when they can. I asked her if they take crocheted items and she said YES! Now I can crochet all I want and they won't be sitting in my house. Of course, I'll probably be sending pictures to Dorothy and Jacque to see if they want any of them second. My mom comes first haha. But anything not claimed will be going to the orphanage. Anyway, back to last night, she tried telling me the name of the place but we couldn't find it on Google, Yelp, or Maps. I kept asking her if I was spelling the name correctly, No Mere Adaptments, and she said yeah but still nothing. Although, she also said they just recently moved so it might not be online yet. She did offer to give me the information the next time she came in and saw me. But, I also told her that hopefully by the time I'm done with all my stuff they would be on the web and I can just search for it that way.
Well, that's all for the day!
Since it's Lent, my mom told me that I have to give something up this year for the 40 days. Last year and even the year before that she didn't tell me this so I actually haven't given anything up in at least three years. And so, I decided to give up buying snacks from work during break and lunch. This will hopefully help with my progress for weight loss since I tend to buy soda and chips every single time I buy something. And it will save me money! Snacks are so pricey! I spend almost $5 each day at work so yay for more money!
Another thing I've decided to do during Lent is to spend at least a half hour crocheting or knitting to work on my projects. Ideally I would go for an hour, but I have to think about my wrist. I don't want arthritis before I hit 30! Since I have plenty of time off from work, this should mean most of my projects will be done soon after Easter! I'm hoping anyway.
Last night, I had the chance to meet with an employee who works for an orphanage here in OC. She was a customer at work and I had commented on the large quantity of items she was purchasing. That's when she told me about the orphanage. Apparently, not many people bring things for the children and so they try to buy something for them when they can. I asked her if they take crocheted items and she said YES! Now I can crochet all I want and they won't be sitting in my house. Of course, I'll probably be sending pictures to Dorothy and Jacque to see if they want any of them second. My mom comes first haha. But anything not claimed will be going to the orphanage. Anyway, back to last night, she tried telling me the name of the place but we couldn't find it on Google, Yelp, or Maps. I kept asking her if I was spelling the name correctly, No Mere Adaptments, and she said yeah but still nothing. Although, she also said they just recently moved so it might not be online yet. She did offer to give me the information the next time she came in and saw me. But, I also told her that hopefully by the time I'm done with all my stuff they would be on the web and I can just search for it that way.
Well, that's all for the day!
Comments
and love what you’re giving up for lent/going to start doing more of (: i saw someone come into my work with the little smudge on their foredhead ?idk what it’s called lol) but it reminded me that it was lent and i should probably give something up too! any ideas? 🤔🤔🤔